What is Hosted PBX?
Private Branch Exchange (PBX) is a telephone system that is delivered as a hosted service. Hosted PBX is a cloud-based communications service that offers Unified Communications features. Thanks to a hosted PBX system, companies can benefit from IP telephony with minimal investment for implementation and implementation.
Benefits of Hosted PBX
No Hassles: Hosted PBX phone systems will save your time, money, and aggravation by removing capital expenses, equipment maintenance and hardware, and service fees. With the cloud, your organization will enjoy an easy-to-manage phone system, industry-leading reliability and the highest service quality, all for one affordable monthly price with no upfront costs.
No Geographic Limitations: Our communication technology platform delivers voice, video, online collaboration, and virtual meeting capabilities that connect people in real-time, anytime, and from anywhere.
No Overcharging: Cloud-hosted PBX services offer the scalability and flexibility to make sure that you always have the right amount of capacity and that you are paying for what you want at any given time.
No Downtime: Cloud-based hosting PBX platform gives you complete peace of mind. It ensures you the highest levels of reliability with seamless disaster recovery, keeping you securely connected at all times.
Features of Hosted PBX
Hosted PBX brings so many benefits at affordable rates to even the smallest of businesses. But, some features may be charged extra.
- Caller ID Blocking: To block your Caller ID name and number for one call only, use *67 before calling. You can also set your device to block or display your Caller ID on every call.
- Call Queues: Call Queues are an indispensable component of a business telephone system. They are great ways to manage large call volumes.
- Call Parking and Retrieval: The Call Parking feature for Hosted PBX allows you to place a caller on hold and then retrieve them from any phone, anywhere on the system.
- Virtual Extensions: A virtual extension allows control of hosted PBX functions, such as call forwarding, finding / following me and voice mail for an extension that is not associated with a real desk phone. As such, it has a lower monthly rate than a full hosted PBX extension.
- Voicemail: With Voicemail, you can easily handle your business calls and able to manage and easily access your voice messages online from any device. Receive text transcriptions of your voicemails and be notified via email or text.
- Call Recordings: Call recording allows you to monitor every call made. This is used by the companies to know their employee performance and for security purposes.
- Call Logs: Call logs to keep an accessible history of all incoming and outgoing calls through your Hosted PBX Tenant.
- Web Click to Dial: Click to Dial is an add-on which automatically dials the telephone number when you click the link created by the Click to Dial extension.
- Sidecar support for Desk Phones: With the help of Sidecar you can speed-dial internal and external phone lines by pressing a single button. The Sidecar is an attachment to the telephone.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) / Auto Attendant: Auto Attendant feature helps you in managing your phone calls easily. Personalize your phone answering service and forward callers to the right place.
- Internet Fax / E-Fax: Instead of using traditional public switched phone networks, An Internet fax uses a global IP network to send a fax to different countries.
- Direct Inward Dialing (DID): Direct Inward Dialing (DID) is a specific extension assigned to a phone number to contact the particular person directly instead of dialing the company.
- Real-Time Operator Panel: You can view the activity of your Hosted PBX System in real time with Real-Time Operator Panel. This is a simple and easy to use c
window in your browser. ustomizable
- Supports Multiple Locations: Users can access to all the features of the phone systems from any location with the help of multiple Locations feature.
- Mobile Application: Manage business & personal calls on one phone. With a second line, you’ll have the ability to receive and make calls on your business line from your personal mobile phone without your callers knowing the difference.
- Reverse 911: Reverse 991 helps your customers in sending a prerecorded message to all there audience.
There are many other features which are included in the Hosted PBX service. Here are they:
- Outlook Integration
- CRM Integration
- Custom Technology Integration
- Conference Rooms
- Real-Time Conference Management
- Music-On-Hold Management and Upload
- Company Directory
- Enhanced Support
- Comprehensive Documentation
- Intercom Calling / Paging
- Called Business Identifier
- Network Efficiency
- Instant Messaging
- Call Screening based on Caller ID
- Call Forwarding
- Call Transfer
- Do Not Disturb
- Simultaneous Ringing
- Hunt Lists
- Distinctive Ringing
- Schedules and Office Modes