What is Residential VoIP Service?
Residential VoIP telephone service works just like business VoIP service, but is usually much cheaper. VoIP telephone services can not only benefit companies with the lower costs of VoIP but also homes.
Why Residential VoIP?
Residential VoIP uses inventive technology to deliver maximum performance at lower price. It converts your calls to digital data and uses the Internet to route your calls, instead of using your phone lines to place calls.
You can be free from long distance charges or roaming fees, With the effective call routing system of residential VoIP service. You will get unlimited international calls with the planes you choose. You will be charged for the international calls at a specific rate based on your plan.
We also offer mobile VoIP apps for mobile phones (For IOS and Android), tablets, and laptops. No matter where you are, you can access to our services at any place and any time with the help of our mobile app. It is a great way to save money on your cell phone bill in addition to your home phone bill.
There are three main reasons, why Residential VoIP is different from traditional landline phone service
- Residential VoIP is cheaper than landline phone service
- Residential VoIP directly connects to the Internet to make calls
- Residential VoIP comes with some additional and free features
Benefits of Residential VoIP
Moving to VoIP from a traditional landline phone is the bestting to do with most practical and cost-effective steps. Now a days, most internet browsers have access to broadband services. So, it is an easy way to get benefited from the advantages of the VoIP systems.
Saving With VoIP:
Compared to conventional landline phones, Residential VoIP is most affordable. The main reason why VoIP is cheaper is that it is free from taxes and other service fees, unlike the regular landline providers. Residential consumers who switched from VoIP from a traditional landline are happy that their telephone bill got reduced to 50%.
There would be no installation charges when you opt for a residential VoIP. You only need an internet connection to connect to your phone.
Use the Existing Phone Number:
You are allowed to keep the same phone number if you wanted to, this may charge a little. Using the existing number is more important for the people who are running there a business from home.
Extensive Calling Features:
Most plans offer additional calling features at no cost. Call waiting, voice mail, caller ID and three-way calls come up with residential VoIP without increasing the monthly cost. People who work from home often need these services to work outside of their home office, but they are also useful to have in any residence.
The technology also allows VoIP to connect with applications on a mobile phone to forward calls if the user is not at home. The application also allows the user to connect to the VoIP system to make calls and check voicemail. Important calls are never lost with residential VoIP.
Features of Residential VoIP
Residential VoIP service providers the following list of the standard features
- 411 Directory Assistance: Just like a traditional phone system, 411 works on VoIP. You can simply dial 411 for any information you required, phone numbers, etc. However, 411 is not included in the services or features provided Residential VoIP and can incur an additional fee.
- 3-Way Calling: Three-way calling is used to connect a third person to an existing two-way call. The calls can be made with internal extensions as well as outside callers.
- Address Book: The Address Book feature in VoIP allows you to configure Speed-Dial entries and Caller ID name (CNAM) overrides.
- Auto-Forwarding: You can automatically forward
callsto any number.Call block
- Call Forward: Call Forwarding
helpyou in easily routing business calls to any number, at any time. Create time-based routing rules to send calls to a colleague when you’re unavailable or forward calls from your work phone to your mobile or home phone.
- Number P
ortability: The number portability feature helps you to take your phone number wherever you go and even when you get a new service.
- Voicemail: With Voicemail, you can easily handle your business calls and able to manage and easily access your voice messages online from any device. Receive text transcriptions of your voicemails and be notified via email or text.
There are many other features which are included in the Residential VoIP. Here are they:
- Call hold
- Caller ID
- Caller ID block
- Call return
- Call waiting (w/caller ID)
- Speed dialing