What Is VoIP?
Voice over Internet Protocol is a digital alternative to traditional phones, where VoIP is 50-80% cheaper than traditional phone service.
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a new form of digital telephone service in which calls are received and sent over the Internet. All users need is a high-speed Internet connection, and a VoIP phone service provider to utilize Voice over IP phone systems. VoIP enables you to make cheap telephone calls over a broadband Internet connection, instead of using your regular telephone service.
VoIP service providers offer many highly advanced, next generation calling, texting, video, and conferencing features. In addition, you will usually have low international phone call rates to other countries. With Voice Over IP solutions, many of them are customizable to put your business at the pinnacle of efficiency and professionalism.
Standard Features of VoIP:
- 3-way calling: Three-way calling is used to connect a third person to an existing two-way call. The calls can be made with internal extensions as well as outside callers.
- Address book: The Address Book feature in VoIP allows you to configure Speed-Dial entries and Caller ID name (CNAM) overrides.
- Auto-forwarding: You can automatically forward
callsto any number.
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- Call forward: Call forwarding allows users to forward phone numbers to each device. Call transfer makes it easier to transfer calls to another destination if the user is away from the office for a long time. It is at the top of many must-have lists.
- Caller ID: Talk and text from your business phone number. Keep your personal number private.
- Caller ID block: To block your Caller ID name and number for one call only, use *67 before calling. You can also set your device to block or display your Caller ID on every call.
- Number portability: The number portability feature helps you to take your phone number wherever you go and even when you get a new service.
- Voicemail: With Voicemail, you can easily handle your business calls and able to manage and easily access your voice messages online from any device. Receive text transcriptions of your voicemails and be notified via email or text.
There are many other features which are included in the VoIP. Here are they:
- 411 directory assistance
- Call block
- Call hold
- Call return
- Call waiting (w/caller ID)
- Speed dialing